Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Monday, December 29, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Twas the night before Christmas,
I'm glued to the tree.
I'm wondering what Santa brought just for me.
Could it be cardstock or chipboard or lace?
Or a Cricut, I said, with a smile on my face.
And that's when I heard him,
"Hi Santa" I said"
You know.... good little girls should be in their beds."
"I know I should Santa, and now I've been caught.
But I was just so excited To see what you brought."
"Well, let's take a look in this room where you work.
He shook his head quickly,
And left with a jerk.
I heard him exclaim as he put it in gear
"You've got enough crap,
I 'll see you next year!"
I am wishing each one of you a heartfelt Merry Christmas. I thank you for faithfully stopping by to view my "creations" and look forward to hearing from you in 2009.(even my lurkers. lol.)
Monday, December 22, 2008
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Monday, December 1, 2008
Sunday, November 30, 2008
My journaling reads:
To be as free as a child.Free to run,play,slide,swing.
To be free to laugh,giggle,cry,yell,enjoy.
To be free of fear,worry,stress.
To be free to experience life and all it's wonders.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
Here is the translation if you are having trouble.
Once upon a time there lived a little boy named Kayne. He had big eyes. He was a little monkey. One day he wanted to do his hair so he could be handsome like his daddy. He went into the bathroom and turned the water on so he could wet his hair.Then he put some gel in and began to comb his hair. First he combed it one way and then the other way. He combed his hair till his spikes were just right.Once he decided that he was as handsome as could bee he came downstairs to find his mommy and show her what he had done. She was very surprised. She laughed and gave the little boy named Kayne a hug and they lived happily ever after. The end.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band ....at school
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland /world
8. Climbed a mountain(well part of one.)
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse (lunar!)
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelos David
41. Sung karaoke (on a table in a bar -- don't ask)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. seen the changing of the guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86.had a tour of the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone's life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day
What have you done?????
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
My Monkey page was inspired by a Joni Mitchell Album cover. I now owe the kids a new barrel of monkeys.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Friday, October 10, 2008
1. I usually never do these kinds of things. While I do find them amusing to read I just don't take the time to sit down and do them. I think I just like to be a mystery to everyone. You know keep them on their toes and guessing as to what makes me tick. *smile*
2. I am afraid of the dark. I hate the dark. I have been afraid of the dark since I was a little girl. I think it has something to do with my cousins putting on one of those old men masks and hiding under the bed. After I had gotten into bed and turned off the lamp they crawled out from under my bed and scared the bejeepers out of me. I have a nice family eh?
3. I love the smell of rain in the spring. It rejuvenates me and tells me that a new season is upon us.
4. I have a very warped sense of humor. It sometimes gets me into trouble. Lots of times people are surprised to find out how off kilter I can be.
5. My inside voice escapes a lot. You know that sarcastic talk to yourself under your breath kind of voice. The one that no one should ever hear. Well mine has a mind of it's own. I never know when it will get away from me but....well it gets me into trouble.
6.Today my toenails are painted blue and my hair is dark...I ran out of thing that I could talk about and those that know me know my hair colour changes a lot sometimes weekly. I guess that's the hairdresser in me.
here are the rules for this tag....
1). Link the person that tagged you.
2).Mention the rules on your own blog.
3). List 6 unspectacular things about you.
4).Taggify 6 other bloggers
Now to tag me some bloggers 1) Elizabeth F. 2) Anita 3) Amanda 4)April 5)Bree 6) Corinne
Now I am off to pack up my gear so I can go scrap at my favorite place in Saskatoon with some of my best friends in the world, so Just Scrap It! here I come.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
The #1 is coated in Flower Soft. I love this new product for adding texture to chipboard.
The #2 is Glimmer Misted.
The #3 is inked and then stamped with Staz On ink. I really like how it turned out.
The #4 is Glittered. Who doesn't like glitter?
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Fall Kickoff Trade Show
All of your favourite home-based businesses together under one roof, one day only!
- Close To My HeartGold Canyon, Candles, Body, Home
- Epicure Spices
- Mary Kay-Latasia-Melaleuca-Home and Gift-Love Your Bag-Stampin’ Up-Tupperware
When: Saturday, September 13 , 2008 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Where: Lawson Civic Centre 225 Primrose Dr
Admission is free! And anyone is welcome, so invite everyone you know!Great gift ideas for Christmas, Birthdays and Weddings!
**Place an order, book a show or take your purchases home with you!Door prizes and so much more!Double prize tickets given in first hour of operation.Prizes drawn for every half hour starting at 11:30Don't miss an amazing opportunity!My personal specials are:No S&H on all orders placed that day!(not applicable with any orders for my splurge clubs)Book a Show and receive a free gift from me!All orders over $50 recieve a free stamp pad of your choice with your order!(not applicable with any orders for my splurge clubs)As well, I will be clearing out my overstock and will have many cash/cheque and carry items!**
Monday, September 8, 2008
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Monday, August 11, 2008
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
What have we been up to? Well last weekend we went out to Luseland and camped in my in-laws back yard. The kids loved it. We found out out tent leaks in heavy windy rainy weather. This is good to know as we are going camping again this weekend. I think we will duct tape the seams and hope for the best.:):)
Kayne's pet frog that he caught while at the farm on the weekend. The excitement of a child over such a small creature. I am always amazed at the awe our children show when discovering the world around them.
Blaze had a blast at Bible Camp. This was her first year and she LOVED it! She made some new friends but more importantly she grew in her walk with the Lord. I think she is very close to commiting her life to Christ. I am not pushing her one way or the other. This MUST be her decision and hers alone. She is talking about wanting to be baptised and we are all very excited for her. The break was nice. We have a little bit of a rough Mother Daughter relashionship and I hope the break from one another will help us to see eye to eye a little better. This almost tween age is rough.
Wolfgang found a frog as well. He ws so proud of himself for catching it. Just don't ask him to catch a spider... well don't ask him to do anything with spiders as he is absolutely terrified of them. He screams as though he is a little girl. LOL. I know I shouldn't make light of it or laugh about it as his fear is very real but I can't help but chuckle.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
We also bought a tent this week so hopfully we can slip away for a weekend or 2 to do some camping. Ray has never relly done this before. For those who don't know Ray he's not really a bushman he prefers the indoors and his computer. I am hoping that he will have lots of fun adn enjoy it when we go. I grew up camping and fishing and such and have missed not doing it. This is an adventure I would like to give my kids. I know they will have fun.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
I just want to say a Huge Thank You to everyone who came out to JSI to help me celebrate my birthday. It really was one of the best birthdays I can remember. Thank you for the awesome birthday present...Tim Holtz,Basic Grey,Stickles,Glitter,Thickers...be still my beating heart.lol. You guy ROCK. I am truly blessed for knowing each and every one of you. Thank you.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
I made this album from 2 old 45 record albums. My inside pages were cut using my coluzzle.(boy am I happy I invested in this.) I made the album to hold all the ticket stubs from outings with the family this summer and to jot down little notes and what nots about said outings. It was fun to make and was a departure for me as I prefer to design around pictures not design and then add pictures. I used the CUPCAKE line from Basic Grey. I think Basic Grey is one of my favorite lines. (it seems to be the one I have the most of ;).